The Friendly Islander was built as a destination for culturally-minded travellers from around the world who seek an insight into the "REAL TONGA" in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
Situated on the waterfront with breathtaking views of the blue sea and its surrounding islands, the Friendly Islander is set in tropical gardens with local flora and fauna. We have very easy access to town (approx 20min walk) along the waterfront, we are 10mins walk from 'restaurant row', the Saturday morning fleamarket ('swap meet'), the fish markets and the main interisland wharf.
Why stay with us?
If you would like an AUTHENTIC stay in
* Airport pickup (by arrangement)
* Quick taxi service to town from hotel (5mins drive)
* Cosy, quiet & comfortable fales/bungalows amongst gardens
* Hotel units with basic kitchen facilities
* An amazing sea pool (approx. 2 Olympic sized pools) just outside the hotel
* Fresh water swimming pool
* Restaurant and lounge bar for in-house guests
* Conference/meeting rooms
* Tours, cultural talks, demonstrations by arrangement
* Venue for functions (max 100 seating): meetings, birthdays, weddings etc
* Vehicle hire
* Tonga's ONLY squash courts
* Laundry service
* Luggage storage
* Car parking available
* Telephone/fax facilities
* Large TV room
* Credit cards accepted (Visa or Mastercard) with charge. To save you money, cash payment is preferred.
Contact us now to book your Tongan Experience
Phone: +676 23810
Fax: +676 24199
Mobile: +676 62591 or +676 17690